Click HERE for brochure
From FIRST HQ:
Please note that on Monday, July 30, 2018, the FIRST registration site will be down for maintenance until the afternoon. This is for the deployment of the new FIRST storefront features which will enable FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. and FIRST® LEGO® League teams to purchase their robot sets along with team registration.
On Thursday May 31, 2019 at the TSIN Innovative Educators: Innovations in K-20 STEM Education Conference held at the University of Memphis Lambuth Campus, FIRST was represented by Daniel Kohn, and along with Shelli Brasher (VEX) they presented the following session:
Intro to K-12 Robotics
Session Description: By its nature, the study of competitive robotics not only encompasses all for pillars of STEM education, but also encourages important life skills like teamwork, communication, and project-based organization. This session will give you information, tools and local connection to successfully implement a competitive robotics team in your school or organization.
As promised, here are the power point presentations from the session:
This teaser of next year’s competitions for all programs of FIRST was broadcast as part of the Houston Championship on Twitch on Apr 21, 2018.
FIRST Programs are Relevant in Schools
- Ignite a passion for learning, both inside and outside the classroom by making it relevant and fun.
- Excite students in STEM activities through robust robotics programs.
- Provide opportunities for students to learn classroom competencies through project-based challenges and student directed problem based learning.
- Expose students to new interests.
- Teach coding and the scientific method through hands-on projects.
- Apply math and science to real-world problems.
- Teach the engineering and design process through mechanical design and build.
- Cultivate 21st century work-life skills.
- Integrate innovative skill building and strategic thinking
- Encourage Gracious Professionalism®, a way of doing things that encourages high-quality work, emphasizes the value of others, and respects individuals and the community.
- Create a community of collaborative problem-solvers.
- Inspire students to be life-long learners.
For more info on FIRST Programs goto: http://www.firstinspires.org/community/educators