FIRST Programs are Relevant in Schools
- Ignite a passion for learning, both inside and outside the classroom by making it relevant and fun.
- Excite students in STEM activities through robust robotics programs.
- Provide opportunities for students to learn classroom competencies through project-based challenges and student directed problem based learning.
- Expose students to new interests.
- Teach coding and the scientific method through hands-on projects.
- Apply math and science to real-world problems.
- Teach the engineering and design process through mechanical design and build.
- Cultivate 21st century work-life skills.
- Integrate innovative skill building and strategic thinking
- Encourage Gracious Professionalism®, a way of doing things that encourages high-quality work, emphasizes the value of others, and respects individuals and the community.
- Create a community of collaborative problem-solvers.
- Inspire students to be life-long learners.
For more info on FIRST Programs goto: http://www.firstinspires.org/community/educators